Here's Idol sa Kusina Recipe for Episode 95/June 2- SIZZLING BEEF FAJITAS.
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 3 gloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 500g flank steak, fat trimmed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 large flour tortillas
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed. seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 large white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- lime wedges, accompaniment
Photo and recipe credit: idolsakusina
1. In a bowl, whisk together the lime juice, tequila, garlic, cilantro, 1 tbsp of the oil, Worcestershire, oregano, chili flakes, cumin and coriander. Pour into a large zip-lock bag, add the steak, and seal. Chill for a few minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add the peppers and onios, and cook, stirring, until soft and slightly caramelized. Add the garlic and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. Toast the tortilla and set aside.
4. Grill the marinated steak and slice into strips.
5. Arrange everything on a sizzling plate. Place the beef first, then top with the sauteed vegetables and serve with toasted tortillas and lime wedges.