Here's Idol sa Kusina Recipe for Episode 97/June 16- BOWTIE PASTA WITH VEGETABLES AND ROASTED GARLIC.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. roasted garlic
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 4 tbsp. flour
- 2 tbsp. sun dried tomatoes
- 1½ cup chicken stock
- 2 tsp. each chopped fresh oregano,
- 2 tsp. thyme leaves
- 4 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- 300g green beans, trimmed
- 1 carrot, cut into thin slices
- 1 cup asparagus cut into 2-inch slices
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- ½ cup peas
- 400g bow tie pasta, cooked
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Photo and recipe credit: IdolsaKusina
1. In pan, heat oil. Add roasted garlic, butter, tomatoes, and butter. Add in stock, next oregano, thyme, 2 tbsp. of the parsley, salt, and pepper, and reduce until slightly thickened.
2. Meanwhile, blanch all vegetables, each type individually, in simmering salted water, about 1 minute. Refresh in cold water, drain well, and set aside.
3. Turn off heat for sauce and stir in grated cheese. Add pasta into sauce.
4. To plate, divide pasta and vegetables. Sprinkle each serving with parsley and serve.