Here's Idol sa Kusina Recipe for Episode 91/May 5- PALABOK WITH LECHON CARAJAY.
- 500g bihon
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tsp. dried prawns
- 5 gloves garlic, crushed
- 5 tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. achuete powder
- 4 cups shrimp stock
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- salt and pepper
photo and recipe credit: idol sa kusina
300g lechon carajay, sliced
100g baby squid, rings
1/4 cup fried onions
2pcs hard boiled egg (quartered)
1. Heat the cooking oil and saute the dreid prawns and garlic. Next, add the flour and the achuete.
2. Add the prawn stock, a little at a time until sauce thickens.
3. Add fish sauce and season with salt and pepper.
4. In another pot of boiling water, add the bihon noodles and cook until tender. Strain then place in a bowl top with the palabok sauce, lechon carajay, and other toppings.
- 500g shrimp head and shell only
- 1/2 liter water
1. Boil water and add shrimp head and shells. Then bring to a simmer.
2. Crush the head and shell of shrimp to extract every flavor.
3. Simmer again then set aside.