Here's Idol sa Kusina Recipe for Episode 81 / Feb. 24- KIAM PUNG.
- 3 tbsp. Cooking oil
- 5 pcs. shallots, peeled and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5 pcs. dried mushrooms soaked in hot water, sliced into strips
- ½ cup hibi or dried shrimp, soaked in hot water
- 1 kilo rice
- ½ kilo malagkit rice
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tsp. white sugar
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 4 tsp. Sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. chicken powder
- ½ kilo chicken chunks, cooked as adobo
- 7 cups chicken stock
photo and recipe credit:idolsakusina
- shallots , sliced and fried crispy
- Peanuts , fried in oil
- Green onion , chopped
1. In a large bowl, combine regular rice and malagkit rice. Pour water to cover and soak for two hours. Cook chicken as adobo.
2. In a large wok, heat cooking oil. Sauté onions and garlic until fragrant. Add sliced mushrooms and hibi.
3. Mix in the soaked rice. Season with soy sauce, sugar, black pepper, sesame oil and chicken powder. Add the chicken adobo chunks and mix with the rice.
4. Pour the stock and bring to a boil while stirring gently. Cover and simmer until rice is cooked.
5. To serve, top with fried shallots, peanuts and chopped green onions.