Here's Idol sa Kusina Recipe for Episode 78- Feb. 3, CHURROS WITH HOT CHOCO.
- 250 g flour
- pinch of salt
- 200 ml. water
- 50 g unsalted butter
- oil for frying
- ¼ cup brown sugar for dusting
Equipment: piping bag with large star tip
1. To make the churros mix, melt the butter in a pan on low heat. Add the water and bring to the boil.
2. Pour the hot liquid into a bowl containing the flour and stir well to make a smooth paste. Chill the churros mix for 15-20 mins.
3. Place the churros mix into a piping bag with a large star tip. When the oil is hot, pipe 5-7 inches of the mix directly into the pan.
4. Fry the churros until they are cooked through and golden.
5. Take the churros out of the pan and roll them in sugar. Serve the churros with hot chocolate.
For hot chocolate:
- 1-2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 cup tablea, grated
- 1/3 cup cream
- 1 drop of vanilla extract
- 1 cinnamon stick
1. Prepare the hot chocolate by bringing the cream, cinnamon stick and vanilla extract to a boil.
2. Remove the cinnamon stick, then add in the grated chocolate and mix until it melts. Serve with churros.