Here's Idol sa Kusina Recipe for Episode 78- Feb. 3, BINAGOONGAN BONELESS CRISPY PATA.
- 1 k. pork front leg (pata)
- 2 tbsp. whole black peppercorns
- 2 tbsp. rock salt
- 2 pcs. red onion, quartered
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ carrot, sliced
- 1 stalk celery with leaves, sliced
- 3 pcs. laurel leaves
- water for boiling
- 4 cups vegetable oil for deep-frying
- spring onions for garnish
1. Debone the pork leg and tie with butcher’s twine to make a log.
2. Boil the pork leg in water with red onions, bay leaf, garlic, pepper corns, salt, carrots and celery for 1 ½-2 hours until pork is tender.
3. Remove pork from the water and take out the twine, poke the skin with fork. Set aside.
4. Place the pork in room temp oil then heat the oil slowly. Cover the pot and towards the end, splash a little water into the oil to make the skin crispy. Set aside when done.
- 1 cup bagoong alamang
- ½ head of garlic, minced
- ½ red onion, minced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1-2 red chili, minced
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- ¼ cup water
1. In a casserole, saute garlic, onion, tomatoes and chili peppers in oil.
2. Add in the bagoong and cook while stirring.
3. Pour in the vinegar and sugar then let it simmer until done.
4. Pour the bagoong sauce over the crispy pata or toss the pata in the bagoong sauce. Garnish with spring onions and serve.