Here's Idol sa Kusina Recipe for Episode 77- Jan. 20, 2013- SIZZLING BALUT ALA POBRE.
- 8 pcs. balut, cooked
- 1 cup flour
- oil for deep frying
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup all-purpose cream
- 1 1/2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsps. olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 sprigs spring onion, sliced 3"-long
- ½ tsp. fried garlic, browned
- 1 pack frozen mixed vegetables (carrot, peas and corn), thawed
1. Coat balut in flour, then deep fry and set aside.
2. In a pan, saute garlic in oil and butter, then add a little flour to make a roux.
3. Add in the cream and worcesterhire sauce. Add a little stock to thin out the sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Place fried balut in sizzling plate and pour sauce over and garnish with spring onion and fried garlic.
5. Serve with mixed vegetable on the side.