Here's Idol sa Kusina Recipe 2013- HAM AND QUEZO DE BOLA SANDWICH.
- 1 baguette
- 3 tbsp. mustard
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 300g left over ham slices
- 150g left over quezo de bola, grated
- 150g mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 pcs tomatoes, sliced
- 1 big white onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 head romaine lettuce, sliced thinly
1. In a bowl, combine mustard and honey. Spread on the baguette and top with ham, tomatoes, onion, bell pepper and mozzarella cheese.
2. Bake in the oven until cheese melts.
3. Lastly top with fresh lettuce and add the grated quezo de bola to finish.
EGG SALAD WITH APPLE AND CASTAÑAS SANDWICH
8 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and diced
½ cup celery, chopped
½ cup carrots, diced
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup left over castanas, roughly chopped
1 red onion, diced
2 tsps. lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
6 cheese slices/singles
parsley for garnish
paprika for garnish (optional)
1. In a mixing bowl, add the eggs, celery, apple, carrots, mayonnaise, castanas, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
Using a spoon, place the egg salad on the baguette and top with cheese single/ slices.
Bake in the oven until cheese melts.
Garnish with parsley and a little paprika if preferred then serve.