Idol sa Kusina Recipe- Episode 73, Dec. 9- MAGIC STUFFED ROAST CHICKEN.
2 whole chickens, at least 1.3 kg each
One half cup MAGGI MAGIC SARAP
One half cup brown sugar
One half cup white sugar
2 lemons, juiced
enough water to cover chicken
One fourth cup butter
2 cups diced longganisa, casings removed
1 cup diced bacon
One and a half cups chopped squash
One and a half cups chopped carrots
One and a half cups chopped sweet potatoes
2 cups chopped potatoes
enough water to cover vegetables
One fourth cup maple syrup
One fourth cup unsalted butter, softened
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 cup chopped white onions
One half tsp dried rosemary
One half tsp dried thyme
2 8g sachets MAGGI MAGIC SARAP
1 tsp pepper
image and recipe credit: idolsakusina
1. For the brine: Mix all ingredients in a non-reactive container. Ensure that chickens are submerged in water. Leave to brine inside the refrigerator for at least 12 hours.
2. In a sauté pan, melt butter. Add longganisa and bacon. Cook for 8-10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
3. In a stockpot, boil squash, carrots, sweet potatoes and potatoes in water until tender. Drain, then mash.
4. Combine mashed vegetables with remaining ingredients, including longganisa and bacon. Mix well and use to stuff cavity of brined chickens. Cover in foil.
5. Roast in a preheated 350F oven, at the bottommost rack. Remove foil after 30 minutes. Brush with MAGGI MAGIC SARAP dissolved in water every 10 minutes. Brush with butter during the last 10 minutes of roasting. Cooking time is approximately 1 hour 45 minutes.
Blurb: Place excess stuffing in a baking dish and cover with foil. Bake alongside chicken and serve on the side.