Like us for more! Share good food smile emoticon
8 ounces linguine pasta, uncooked (same amount of other pasta may be substituted)
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup whole milk
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
3 tablespoons olive oil
8 ounces sliced mushrooms
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 ounces Gruyere cheese (or Gouda), shredded
2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- Begin cooking pasta according to package instructions.
- Whisk together flour, chicken broth, milk, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- While pasta cooks, in a large skillet heat olive oil over medium-high heat. When oil begins to ripple add sliced mushrooms, sauté for 6 minutes. Add minced garlic, sauté for 2 more minutes until garlic just begins to brown.
- Whisk flour, chicken broth, milk, salt and pepper mixture into mushrooms and garlic, bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally until thickened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add shredded cheese, stir until cheese has melted.
- Mix in spinach, allow to wilt.
- Add drained pasta to skillet, toss to coat.